It’s been 6 months since I first posted my New Year’s resolutions, so I figured this fourth of July would be a great time to check my progress.
New Year’s Resolutions
- Read a book a month – I’ve been doing this, and I couldn’t be happier. It’s been a fun way to make myself sit down and read. I love to read, but sometimes I forget to set aside time to do so. Here’s what I have read so far:
- January – How to Win Friends and Influence People
- February – Girl Who Played with Fire
- March – The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest & Hunger Games & Happy Accidents
- April – The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
- May – The Happiness Project & Catching Fire
- June – Mockingjay & Fearless: Imagine Your Life without Fear
- July – An Invisible Thread & Wool (on the agenda)
- Continue with design & photography (take more photos of people!) – I’ve been taking my camera along a lot more and have been loving it. I also decided to take a full day class in photography in August! I’m really excited!
- Be honest with myself and others. – Yes. We don’t have living room furniture because I want to save up and not put it on a credit card. I’ve been trying! It’s hard sometimes, but it feels good!
- Floss! – I did this for about a month and then stopped. I started up again June 23! I’ve been doing it every-other-day… for what? A couple weeks now and it’s awesome!
- Get more toned… June 25, I had a free personal training session at our local YMCA. It really felt good to be back into the gym. The husband and I have been contemplating getting up early before work to workout… I think we’ll start that soon, too! I’m thinking about adding a post each week on this subject? We’ll see.
- Go to church, every week I’m in town– This I have been doing as well. We became members of our church back in January and have really tried to make an effort to go to church. Paul and I missed a couple, (April we only went once in the five sunday’s) but overall we have been adamant about getting to church!
- January 5 for 5
- February 4 for 4
- March 2 of 4
- April 1 of 5
- May 4 of 4
- June 3 of 4
- We also joined a Bible study, which was great for both of us on our spiritual journey.
- Volunteer – I only volunteered once, but it was a blast. Paul and I taught Sunday School at our church. 3rd graders are hilarious!
- Be early to work (15 minutes not 2 minutes). Yep, I still get in 2 minutes early. Oops. Since January there was only three times I came into work before 8:15 am, I average 8:25 – 8:28, I have the flexibility to come in between 8 – 8:30 and I need/want to set an example for my staff.
- Meet new PA’s in the area – I met a new PA! Dawn! She is actually part of our new practice, and she is wonderful. I feel like we can become great colleagues.
- Be 100% in it… = I’m in. End of story. Actually, more like beginning of story.
- Travel home to my family every other month. – This had to change. I went home in June and will be there in August, November, and December. With flights being around 1,000.00+ for both of us, I just can’t afford it. So, I’ll change this to quarterly.
- Communicate more with friends! – I’m trying. I still need to work on this! I’m a text-er but to pick up the phone, it’s a challenge.
All-in-all, I’m pretty happy with my progress! I really want to focus on two things moving forward: getting to work earlier and communicating with friends and family!
Happy 4th of July, friends! I got to go an enjoy one of America’s favarite past times… grilling out! (the husband calls it BBQ-ing) Yum!
I’ll be back on Friday with one of my favorite architects!