This recipe has been served up to me for the last 29 years of my life, and until last weekend, I didn’t know how to make it. My grandmother would slave away (making it look seamless) in her embroidered apron every Thanksgiving and Christmas to make an amazing meal for her family. I have some very fond memories of eating a lot of mashed potatoes, serving up dessert and coffee to the adults, and helping my mom and Aunt Paula with the dishes. After, we would head out in the snow and play football, (me with my brother and two boy cousins) while the adults watched the football and chatted about everything.
It turns out – it’s a super simple dish; I’m not quite sure where she got it but I’ve been blessed to inherit all of her recipes and her Betty Crocker cookbook. It makes me smile just thinking about it. Enjoy!
- 1 – 8 oz can of mushroom soup
- 1 – 8 oz jar of cheez whiz
- 1 small onion (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 stalk celery (or how many ever you want)
- 1 cup Minute Rice (uncooked)
- 1 pkg. frozen broccoli & cauliflower mixed or 1 8oz. pkg. each
Start by mixing soup and cheese together.